Starting at 4:00 pm by appointment
North Penn Animal Hospital Canine Blood Drive
1200 Welsh Road
Lansdale, Pennsylvania, 19446Get Directions
North Penn Animal hospital is happy to be hosting the University of Pennsylvania Penn Animal Blood Bank on Wednesday, January 30th
The Penn Animal Blood bank is in urgent need of blood! Their bloodmobile is coming to us for our Canine Blood Drive!
Did you know…
- each unit of donated blood can help save up to three critically ill dogs?
- every qualified donor receives a full blood check, which includes a chemistry screen, CBC, heartworm test and a tick borne disease test?
- once your dog donates blood for the first time, they are eligible to receive blood, free of charge, equal to the number of units donated in their lifetime should they ever need a transfusion?
Your dog can donate if...
- has a good temperament and is a willing volunteer
- weighs between 55 and 100 lbs
- is between 1 and 6 years of age
- is in excellent health
- is up to date on vaccines
- is not taking any medication other than flea, tick or heartworm preventative
- Pit bull breeds can now donate thanks to special screening which will detect a blood parasite that the bully breeds are susceptible to, that prevented them from participating in the past.
Donors receive a delicious food reward after donating, as well as a take home gift for being so generous!
Visit the U of P Penn Animal Blood Bank website to learn more!
Does your dog want to be a hero? Please call our blood drive coordinator, Gail at 215-855-5853 to schedule your dog’s appointment.